Custom Dial System (CDS)
Hold Dead On. Hit Dead On.
Leupold’s Custom Dial System® (CDS®) helps you easily compensate for bullet drop and make ultra-quick adjustments on the fly. We’ll customize your scope’s elevation dial to match your exact load, velocity, and conditions for unprecedented precision. Once you range your target, simply turn the dial to the correct position, aim dead on, and squeeze the trigger.
Dead-on Hits, Every Time, Without the Holdover
Every CDS dial features ¼-MOA click increment finger adjustments and no adjustment covers to lose, making the VX-2, VX-3, VX-3L, VX-6 and VX-R even more accurate and rugged.
The CDS System works by laser-inscribing your scope’s elevation dial to match your load, velocity and conditions. Your scope will be in perfect synch with the way your rifle and load shoots, even for hand loads.
Each CDS dial is unique, taking all practical ballistic and environmental factors into account:
- Cartridge & Caliber
- Bullet Weight
- Bullet Make/Brand
- Bullet Type
- Ballistic Coefficient
- Muzzle Velocity
- Average Elevation
- Average Temperature
- Swap dials quickly by loosening set screws.
- Match dials with specific loads for maximum accuracy.
- Precision ¼-MOA click increment adjustment.
- No adjustment covers to lose.
- One revolution stops available for custom dials.
- Use in tandem with Leupold’s RX rangefinder family for unmatched long-range precision.
Get your hands on a Leupold Custom Dial System
Every CDS riflescope comes out of the box with standard ¼-MOA click adjustment dials. Upgrade to a custom engraved CDS dial for only $59.99* (VX-3 CDS models include a coupon redeemable for one free CDS dial.)
Order Your Custom Dial System
- Contact Leupold’s product experts at 1-800-LEUPOLD* with your ballistics details and shipping information. Even if you don’t know your exact ballistics, Leupold’s experts will help you determine what will work best for your load and caliber.
- Leupold’s Custom Shop will laser-engrave a CDS dial matched to your specifications.
- After receiving your CDS dial, a simple set screw adjustment is all that is needed to swap between dials.
- Additional dials for may be purchased at any time from $60 to $80 each depending on features. (*plus applicable taxes)